Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Recidivist Insider

For well over ten years, I have been a recidivist insider.

During this time I have had the privilege of being invited to work within dozens of businesses, accompanying them on their journeys towards realising value from their Cloud projects. From overcoming initial reservations to creating business cases and making projects happen, I’ve tagged along for the ride.

Since 2010 I have been involved with all things transaction-based, and for some time led a cloud company whose product handled the deposit of paper cheques (or checks!) for US financial institutions. When I arrived on the scene people thought the idea was so risky as to be unworkable. Four years later, almost every US financial institution offers the facility.

eSignature (within the broader context of Digital Transaction Management) has mirrored Remote Deposit Capture in that it has accelerated from a standing start to the point where it has become inevitable. The big difference is that eSignature is a global phenomenon.

In early 2013 I joined DocuSign, where I support the implementation of eSignature and Digital Transaction Management programs across EMEA.

At each stage in my journey through the Cloud, the fundamental requirement has remained the same: “help me to transact business digitally in a way that makes sense to me, keep my data secure and provide a reliable service”.

I can’t claim to be vendor-neutral, but I do intend that this blog should address some common issues that will be faced by organisations regardless of vendor.

I want to help non-technical stakeholders to understand the concepts that will help them envision what their business would look like in a paperless world, and understand how to begin the transition to a fully digital workplace.

The bleeding edge has long since passed. Cloud, eSignature and Digital Transaction technology has been tried and tested. I’m here to tell you how others have made it work for them, and how you can make it work for your organisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment